No sales calls
USES FOR PISTON-CYLINDER SETS
• Oppose the piston with a spring and you’ve made a linear pressure gauge (P = kx/A).
• Push the piston a known distance and you’ve made a precision gas displacement device (V = Ax).
• Apply a precise pressure to the piston and you’ve made an actuator that pushes with a precise force (F = PA).
• Apply a precise vacuum pressure to the piston and you’ve made an actuator that pulls with a precise force (F = PA).
• Have us cut burr-free ports in the cylinder and you’ve made a valve.
• Bond a load to the piston and you’ve made a linear and/or rotary bearing.
• Come up with your own cool idea to make something useful!
• Ultra-low friction graphite piston with precision bore borosilicate glass cylinder.
• 6 bore sizes from 5.6 mm to 44.4 mm.
• Lengths as short as the length of the piston and as long as 1 meter. Stock lengths available.