Apply a Precision Force
Airpot Corp. manufactures four basic families of pneumatic actuators (as shown below). All employ our unique combination of a Pyrex® glass cylinder and either a graphite or specially shaped stainless steel piston and have outstanding performance properties with respect to friction, cleanliness, and temperature range. The major differences are in the level of friction, actuation direction capabilities, outer construction, mounting features, and dimensions. The air cylinder force control and other performance properties of each product family are vastly superior to those of conventional cylinders. The chart below offers a quick comparison of our four basic designs.
Click on the product line below to learn more about that product and link to its model selector and specification details.
AIRPEL AND AIRPOT ACTUATOR COMPARISON
WHY USE THEM?
APPLY A PRECISE FORCE
- Provide a precise, repeatable motive or counterbalancing force
- Apply a gentle or precise holding or squeezing force (as low as a few grams)
ACTUATION WITH UNIFORM MOTION
- Move something slowly and smoothly-even over distances less than 0.1 inch
- Cycle at very high speeds- up to 100 cps
- They will respond to as little as 0.2 psi pressure or vacuum
- They are unaffected by temperature extremes from –55 C to + 150 C
- They use no lubricants and run clean
- They have ultra low hysteresis
- They will not deteriorate, stick, or change properties from any duration of non-use
For more information on precision air cylinder force control, contact us today! See us for all your damping force needs as well.